With a significant proportion of all change initiatives addressing regulatory and compliance issues, the remaining budget for investing in projects that maximise shareholder returns is tight. The Australian landscape has evolved from the Big 4 banks to the presence of global players, nonbank lenders and Credit Unions, while the industry remains under scrutiny for past failings in governance and controls that have led to anti-competitive behaviour.
A significant challenge facing financial services is the considerable disruption caused by major technology initiatives, and the ability to retain an innovative and agile approach to projects in organisations with traditional structures.
How we can help
- Establishment or re-setting of large scale programmes to successfully achieve organisational strategic objectives
- Capability mapping and modelling to help organisations with establishing, maintaining and retaining the right levels of capability
- Developing career pathways and providing associated project management related training to assist organisations maximise the value of their teams
- Establishing programme management frameworks which include change and benefits management
- Providing interactive (simulations, Lego, online and face-to-fa ce) training to staff in innovation, design thinking, project, programme, risk, benefits, controls, governance and stakeholder management
Our extensive experience in the financial services industry spans many years and covers key roles in complex transformations.
- Position on large financial services group executive steering committee
- External reviewers for all large, more risky projects
- Rescue programme of greater than $100m foreign exchange transformation
- Rescue programme of large regulatory superannuation transformation
- Programme directorship for sale of $25b FUM business
- PMO and Change Management establishment and operations for retail and wholesale stockbroking business
- Set up risk, audit and assurance programme review framework
- Establishment of a group level programme management framework
- Creation of group level eco-system target business operating model
- Review of multi-division portfolios of projects and capacity to deliver